The past two years, I would list one thing each day in November in my status for which I was thankful. This practice did me a lot of good, and helped me to start my days on a positive note. No matter how cranky I was, or how much pain I was in, I had to find just ONE THING that was good. It helped me to develop an “attitiude of gratitude.” This year, what with travel and doctor’s appointments and everything else, I didn’t get to do that. I would like to make up for that now by making one big list today. In no particular order:
1. I am thankful that all of my friends and family are safe. No one is homeless, being abused, or in a war zone.
2. I am thankful for my own safety. I have a home, a loving husband, and 5 fuzzy kids who love me. (Okay, one of them “loves” me with his claws out, but he’s getting better.)
3. I am thankful for my husband, who puts up with me no matter what my mood is, and has supported me throughout these past few months since I had to quit work.
4. I am thankful for the credit card companies who are willing to loan me money until SSD agrees that I need help.
5. I am thankful for my extended family of in-laws and steps and cousins and step-cousins. I recently got to reconnect with a branch of it, and I am blessed to know these fabulous people and be welcomed by them.
6. I am thankful for my mom, in spite of how difficult she may be sometimes. She holds things together and gives the rest of us support and direction.
7. I am thankful for my step-dad, who could have given up on me when I was a snot-nosed brat and walked away, but he didn’t. He constantly teaches me that life isn’t always complicated.
8. I am thankful for my Grandma, who truly loves me unconditionally.
9. I am thankful for my fuzzy kids and how they show me they love me every day (even with claws out).
10. I am thankful for the technlogy that enables me to reach my friends and family every day, even though we are so far apart geographically.
11. I am thankful for the soldiers who ensure my freedom, in times of war and in times of peace.
12. I am thankful for my friends, who always embody kindness, intelligence, creativity, and wit. You make me better than I am by myself.
13. I am thankful for my doctors, even when they frustrate the heck out of me. No matter what, they are still trying to help me in one way or another.
14. I am thankful for the freedoms that living in the US affords me. From the freedom to disagree with my fellow countrymen to the freedom to practice my faith in my own way, this country gives me the ability to pursue happiness.
15. I am thankful for what having Fibromyalgia has taught me. I am more patient and kind because of it.
16. I am thankful for this beautiful Thanksgiving day, with sunshine and warm breezes.
17. I am thankful for the friend who is coming over tonight to help me clean my house and her sister who is coming over tomorrow to clean some more of my house.
18. I am thankful for the good food that is so readily available to me.
19. I am thankful that my Thanksgiving food is all easy to make, even if it is processed more than it should be. (Cranberry sauce in the shape of the can ROCKS!)
20. I am thankful for whoever made my pumpkin pie, because I’m sure it will be better than if I made it from scratch.
21. I am thankful that right now all the appliances in my home are working. (All right, I’m stretching a bit, but I’m so close to the end!)
22. I am thankful for online shopping so I don’t have to go out into the crowds for my Christmas gifts.
23. I am thankful for the comforts of my home, which enable me to live a life with less pain than I would have otherwise.
24. I am thankful for the ability to be thankful! So many people don’t know how to be grateful for the blessings they have, and it is a blessing in itself to be able to recognize the blessings I have in my life!
There! Done! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!